Thanks Uncle Sam

What next?

Friday, February 09, 2007

Pisa

This past week I went on a work trip to Pisa, Italy. I helped support a conference in the local area. It was a lot of traveling (and not in business class, get real...)and a few days with longer hours, but I did get the privilege to enjoy touring the Leaning Tower of Pisa area! It was absolutely beautiful and historically amazing! I stayed in a hotel that was right on the beach, but this is their low season for tourism and I got a very affordable government rate. For some reason they have sprinklers right next to the water on that beach right now. I have no idea why, but can only guess 1 or 2 things. 1 -- they are watering the sand to prevent wind erosion or 2 -- there is a recent planting of sea oats and they are being watered in order for optimum growth for peak season. Strangely, while we were there the local gas stations had a gas strike. If I had driven it would have been trouble, but my transportation was taken care of. And on the last night I was there the hotel's electricity went out! They had a back-up generator for their reception area and hotel hallways, but my room lights stayed out until maybe 3 in the morning! William and Snitzel took care of each other while I was away, but we did get to speak every day that I was gone. Well I enjoyed my trip, but it is good to be back home with my hubby and my Mr. Snitzel!

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Chinese Gumbo said...

Lora Leigh, pardon the intrusion, but I am a friend of William's trying to get in touch with him. For some reason I had this blog site as the only contact info I have for him. We used to work together at Larson & McGowin years ago in Mobile. Can you have him get in touch with me? Thanks. Cool blog by the way. Glen Higdon
glenhigdon@gmail.com

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Katy C. said...

Happy Easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home